- 1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- 3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4. HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
- 5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- 6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- 7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- 8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
- 9. HOW TO CONTACT US
Effective date: June 1, 2017
Welcome to BEAM Authentic ("BEAM," "we," "us" or "our"). BEAM provides a self expression platform so that you can wear and share the things that you care about, in the real world and online. You can discover and learn about things on our platform, create content, donate to causes you care about, and with our dynamic connected wearable – the BEAM device - you can wear it and show the world what you care about.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect certain personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information from you as described below.
Information you provide to us directly, such as:
- Your username, password, date of birth, and e-mail address when you register for a BEAM account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on BEAM.
- User Content (e.g., Beams, slideshows, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- The content in communications between you and BEAM.
- Information required to complete a purchase or charitable donation. If you purchase products or services from us or make a charitable donation through the Service, you may be asked to provide payment information, such as a credit card number and/or related information that may be required to complete your purchase. This information is collected, processed, and stored by a third-party payment processor.
- Some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory, and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information, you will not be able to engage in that particular activity.
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in the aggregate with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by BEAM, or from your mobile device to your BEAM device.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
Social Media Platforms and Plugins:
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- send you promotional messages and provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products, services, and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the BEAM application on your device
- perform other functions as described at the time we collect the information
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and other information collected from you (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that BEAM is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your personally identifiable information and other information, including information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide products and services to you, such as electronic communications, administration of promotions, customer support, payment processing, and analytics ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to assist BEAM.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, may become available to your connections and the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. You can change your privacy settings on the Service by accessing your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared and used by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable and viewable by other Users. You are solely responsible for any information that you choose to share. Your participation in these features and your sharing of your information with us and with other users constitutes your agreement to such sharing.
- BEAM or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not opt in and/or use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the BEAM API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of BEAM or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your personal information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User Content.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which BEAM, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- BEAM, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We strive to use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, BEAM cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to BEAM or guarantee that information on the Service will not be accessed or disclosed without authorization, altered, or destroyed. Your use of the Service and provision of information to us is at your own risk.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and BEAM, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes that the social media services you connect to BEAM make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings or deleting your account.
- Unsubscribe from commercial email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mail communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, BEAM, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
BEAM does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an BEAM User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US